When I first moved to France Beki From Dordogne Wedding Music was one of the first people I meet at a wedding and she made me feel so welcome to the wedding industry and gave me lots of tips on weddings here.
After seeing their DJ set up and seeing them keep the dance floor full all evening, I can see why people love them they are so professional and great at what they offer. As I mentioned in a previous blog music is so tough as there is a lot of choice and budget is a massive factor. Dordogne Wedding Music used to be just the band Caged but now they offer more than just that one thing which they offer is the band and DJ for the same wedding which is great as it minimises on suppliers but also means you have more flexibility of when they play, and as they are using the same sound system this minimums on space.
1. How long have you worked in weddings? - We did our first wedding as part of a live band (Andy is a fabulous guitarist!) in 2012. Over the next few years, so many couples asked us to carry on the music with a DJ set after the band, that we eventually started offering a standalone mobile DJ service in 2015.
2. Why do you love specialising in weddings? - It's the best industry in the world! Working with so many wonderful couples and using the power of music to bring together their closest friends and family members on the dance-floor at one of the greatest parties of their lives!
3. What is your best wedding experience? Watching the pure joy when people hear that the next song is even better than the last one! One of the most impressive moments was at a wedding where the bride was the lead dancer from the Lido de Paris. Out of the blue, her bridesmaids (fellow dancers) asked us to play "Despicito" and it turned out that they'd put together a surprise flash mob with ALL of the guests. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Once the bride and groom had got over the shock they both joined in too :-)
4, Where is your favourite wedding location? - The Dordogne has to be our favourite wedding location (obviously!) - sooo many magical venues, stunning scenery, great food, lovely weather, easy travel links and really friendly local people!
5. What is your top tip for newly engaged couples? Work with a good wedding planner to ensure that the big day (as well as the preparations) runs smoothly - leaving you to enjoy every second of it!
6. Who is your favourite supplier: Crazy Diamond Food Truck
I really like their top tip as it is so true you should just enjoy every second.
NEW BLOG - every Wednesday and Sunday